Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bed Rest

Weeks ago if someone had mentioned "bed rest" to me I probably would have jumped up and down in joy to think that I would be given so much time to lie around and do absolutely nothing. But let me just say that after a week and a half of "lying around" and doing "absolutely nothing" I would much rather be working full time! And, I still have another week and a half to go of bed rest-that is, unless the baby decides to come before then!

First I went into preterm labor and spent the night in the hospital so they could stop my labor. Then, only a week later their talking about inducing me because I might have preeclampsia (thankfully I don't!). And now I am suffering from high blood pressure (causing me to have dizzy spells, see stars, and have headaches). So my days of bed rest typically consist of:

-Sleeping in
-Showering
-Watching TV (quite surprisingly I'll watch hours of A Baby Story or I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant)
-Eating (probably not the best foods for me, but the doctor told me I need to gain 1 lb. or more every week. Despite my poor diet of onion rings, pizza, brownies, and lots of cheese I have managed to gain only 1 lb. this last month).
-Organizing the baby room (I will get pictures up soon!)
-Knitting burp rags
-And doing some light housework

I finally broke down and told Andrew I needed to get out of the house for just a little bit and he took me on a walk around the block earlier this week and my sister took me to Target so I could spend my gift cards on some final things I needed for the baby. The doctor said I am allowed to choose 1 thing/day to do that is on feet, so today I choose vacuuming!!

I am really hoping that the baby will come sooner than later. I got checked at the doctor today and she told me I was 2 cm and that the baby is very low. She said I could go into labor at any time, but there was no guarantee that I wouldn't make it to my due date on the 31st. Some days I will go the whole day without any contractions. And then there are other days where I lay around on the couch for 3 hours having contractions. All I can say is that I am trying my best to not be impatient and wait on the Lord for when He chooses for baby to come!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant! I told you my BP started going up and a few weeks before that I was told to 'slow down' so I too succumbed to TLC! I think that Baby Potratz is going to be here much sooner then later. Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for you! My babies came fast...so hopefully when the time does come, your little guy will make a quick entrance into the world without any difficulty!!

    ReplyDelete