Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crockpot Turkey

I tried a new crock-pot recipe today that was really good! It was literally a "throw all in and let it cook" recipe and it was so nice because I was home sick today and didn't have the energy to make an entire meal for us. If you'd like to know where I got it I can let you know the website, but here is the recipe:

2 lbs. Turkey Breast
4 Rosemary Sprigs
4 Garlic Cloves
1Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Salt

Place Turkey in the crock-pot, arrange rosemary and garlic around the turkey, coat turkey with brown sugar/black pepper/salt, and cook on low for 6 hours.

I'm glad I was home when I made this recipe because I ended up turning the heat down to 10 hours and then eventually to warm because the turkey cooked really fast. This recipe actually calls for a whole 6-7 lb turkey breast but obviously we didn't need that much for just Andrew and I so I think that's why the turkey cooked faster. However, it's so great because you literally throw everything in the crock pot and let it cook. Those recipes are my favorite! Again, I don't take the credit for this, but I hope you will make it and enjoy it just as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. You should try these crockpot recipes in the DCB in the microwave and use them to sell that! i bet they would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete