Friday, December 2, 2011

An Early Christmas Gift

For some reason Bubby is battling some bad breath. I have no idea what it is from but today I went to work to try and get it under control. I boiled his pacifiers, washed his bedding (including his stuffed puppy that actually smells like his breath, ick!) and I pulled out one of his Christmas presents...a toothbrush! I bought it weeks ago to put in his stocking and decided that I couldn't wait until Christmas to start brushing his teeth. I've been wiping his gums and the few teeth he has with a wash cloth a few times a day but that just doesn't seem to cut it. I've thought about even pulling out some kids toothpaste, but I thought I would try these other remedies first before putting any fluoride filled gel in his mouth.

After some hard work I managed to get his puppy smelling fresh...but that's it. After boiling his pacifies some of them still came out smelling the same and after brushing his teeth all day he still stinks! I don't really want to go out and buy new pacifiers since the only time he uses them, at least we try, is in his crib. What do I do????

2 comments:

  1. My only suggestion is to offer him water more frequently to keep his mouth clean and moist which will help with germs. Does he have a lactose problem? That can cause some stinky, stinky breath if he has an intolerance because it is the smell coming from his belly.

    I am not much of a help. I brush Eden and Cooper's teeth with toothpaste (I just touch the brush to the toothpaste so hardly any is on it) and brush away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, this is not a problem that my munchkin had. Has the diet changed at all? Maybe that's related.

    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete