Monday, April 5, 2010

1/4 DONE!

I am officially 10 weeks pregnant, meaning I am a 1/4 of the way DONE being pregnant. Pregnancy has treated me well so far though and I'm hoping it will either continue to be just the same or even better! I am starting to get a little belly but not to the point where people can tell I'm pregnant, instead they probably just think I've gained a little weight around the waist. In the mornings I usually wake up and have a flat belly but by the end of the day I've got a little pouch! I thought I would take this opportunity to share the great story of how I found out I was pregnant.

I had been thinking I was pregnant for about a week. I was getting REALLY hungry all the time and was constantly eating. One Friday morning at the preschool I ate 4 bowls of cereal and then thought to myself "maybe I'm pregnant, I never eat this much!" So I went home and took a pregnancy test and there was barely a second line. Here's the picture!

I ran out to Andrew and said "Ok, there's a second line but it's really faint and so I want to see if you can see it, if you can then you know that means I'm pregnant right?" Andrew looked at it and could see the second line. I was really excited but Andrew was a little overwhelmed. I said I would wait and take another one in the morning to see if the line would be darker. And you know what, it was!
So then I was really excited and totally sure I was pregnant. Andrew and I decided we would wait atleast a week to let it sink it before we told our family. However, by the following Tuesday I was doubting whether I was pregnant and decided I needed to take just one more test. I was scheduled to go to the doctor that next Friday for the real confirmation but I just couldn't wait. So I took another test and it was definitely positive!
We went to the doctor that Friday and found out it was official and that I was due Oct. 31st. That night I also had to stay up all night at a young women's lock-in I had at my church and then I had a retreat the very next day for church council (so after having no sleep I was very emotional and tired). I ended up telling my dad the following day when I was really overwhelmed and crying alot, so he helped me set up how to tell the rest of the family on Sunday. We decided to gather the family together in the living room after church and Andrew would pretend that he had to tell everyone a joke. Once everyone was together Andrew said "Knock Knock" and everyone responded "Who's There" and I yelled "I'm Pregnant!" My mom thought we were actually joking but she eventually figured out that we were serious. Since then, Andrew and I have been taking random pictures of my growing waist (again, it still doesn't look like a preggo belly) and reading up in "What to Expect When You're Expecting."

2 comments:

  1. I love pregnancy blogs!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Allison!! Your pregnant!!! Congrats..ugh I remember when you were an itty bitty! Following you now too. :]

    ReplyDelete