Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby Boy Potratz

It's hard to believe that in only 15 or 16 weeks Baby Potratz will be here! I am utterly shocked at how fast this pregnancy has gone...it seems like yesterday I was taking all of those pregnancy tests and now I am making baby registries, organizing the baby room, and searching for any clothes that will comfortably fit me! At 24 weeks I'm probably not as big as some women get but I am getting bigger, to the point that I can't comfortably fit into anything unless it is stretchy! I also have a hard time getting out of bed and out of chairs (I told Andrew this morning I needed a handicap bar next to the bed)!

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been praying about jobs and what God wants me to do before or after the baby comes. I have felt called to leave my Youth Director position in Des Moines and will have my final Sunday there tomorrow. I will then be going full time at the day care unless I find a job closer to home. The good thing about me staying at the day care is that I will have cheap day care once the baby comes-only $80/week for full time day care! Plus, there is a possibility that I would be getting a raise. However, I have applied for a few jobs in Ames and would greatly prefer these jobs if they offered a decent pay, benefits, and if I could find cheap day care. I had one interview last week and will hopefully have the second interview next week. I am very nervous about not being hired because I am pregnant (but I can totaly see why anyone would feel uncomfortable hiring anyone so close to the end of their pregnancy). I have been trying to put everything in God's hands and only hope that He is in control of everything!

Either way, I am anxious for Baby Potratz to get here! Our ultrasound revealed a baby boy (there was no hiding...he had it laid out for everyone to see)! The baby weighs over a pound and is actually a week ahead of schedule (but the doctor's refused to change my due date). We are very excited about having our little boy and have decided on the name. It took some thought but I ultimately approached Andrew with the name and we agreed it was the right one. No one will know baby's name until he is introduced into the world! I can't wait for that day! He has been kicking a lot and it bring tears to my eyes because I just can't wait until I get to hold him in my arms :) We are very blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel wants that name I think lol. You have registered for some CUTE stuff, I told Chris we have two preggos to get presents for before October. Congrats again! So exciting! The things with the jobs will work out (hopefully soon) and you will know what to do.

    ReplyDelete