Thursday, September 2, 2010

32 Weeks


I am just reaching 32 weeks in my pregnancy! Life is getting really exciting and I can't wait until Baby Potratz is here to start life with us. I have been experiencing lots of Braxton Hicks, just about every night. Last night I really debated calling the doctor because I was having contractions just about every 10 minutes with lots of cramping and pressure. I ended up just resting and waiting it out which seemed to do the trick. I went to bed early and woke up today with some lower back pain which I figured was just from the contractions. I go to the doctor next week and will definitely mention these issues. Tonight I am feeling pretty good. I took the time to lay down and rest as soon as I got home from work and took a short walk around the block which seems to have kept the Braxton Hicks away for now.

One thing I really enjoy about being pregnant is feeling the baby move. I am able to push on one end of my belly and see a body part push out on the other side. Then I'll push on that part and see another body part push out on the other side. It's so fun! It makes me feel like I'm already playing with my little boy. I've been sleeping pretty well and only have to get up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom and fetal movement doesn't seem to keep me up.

One major change that is taking place is that I'm starting a new job next week! There is a day care on site at the camp where my husband works and they hired me to start full time! What is so great is that the camp is only 15 minutes away from our home, we are able to commute together every day, and I can bring the baby back with me for discounted child care! It's a perfect situation for us, especially financially! I won't have to worry about driving 40 minutes to work and back every day and I'll also save gas money. I will be working with the 3 year old kids on some days and the infants on other days. Either way, I am really excited to get started and can definitely see how God is working in our lives to help us prepare for our little one!

2 comments:

  1. That is beyond amazing!! I knew it would work out, that's a great job and lots of time together not only as a couple but as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. allison, if you guys are into natural foods and stuff, i just joined a co-op and have been LOVING it. there's no membership fee or anything, and they order once a month. you can go to azurestandard.com and set up an account to look around - let me know if you want to place an order! (the only catch is that your order has to be at least 50 bucks, but if you only want a few things we could order together.) just thought i'd pass along the word!

    ReplyDelete