Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Week of Firsts for Mommy


As a new mom I have experienced many “firsts” in my life since the birth of Josiah. You don’t realize how much life is going to change until it’s already happening. I’ve had a few emotional ups and downs, many of them having to do with the changes that are taking place. Here are some of them:

-First time pushing a human out of me (I think it’s crazy that men will never get to experience labor!)

-First time getting stitches

-First time fainting at the sight of blood

-First time nursing (we’ve had some rough moments with nursing, but I feel reassured that when my supply can’t meet the demand of my son, or when latching on seems to be too difficult at the time, that a little formula will satisfy him. Only a few more days and I will be pumping regularly so Andrew can help bottle feed at night).

-First time getting peed, pooped, and spit up on consistently

-First time sleeping without ear plugs since the year 2005

-First time experiencing sleep deprivation that wasn’t caused by school or work

-First time experiencing the love that a parent truly has for their child-what a blessing! Sometimes I sit and look at my son and can't help but cry because I can't imagine my life without him. He is so special and even though there are times when I would love some peace, quiet, and a full nights sleep, I know that my life is truly blessed by God!



2 comments:

  1. I told you I couldn't explain it it had to happen. It's amazing! Absolutely amazing! There are times when you want to get a break or a nap or something but then they do something so heartbreakingly adorable you forget it all.

    Breastfeeding gets easier after a couple weeks. They always told me if you could make it two weeks you had it.

    And, he's adorable. Get some pictures up on facebook already! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mom is the most challenging and the most rewarding thing!

    ReplyDelete