Friday, December 31, 2010

Favorite Fridays: New Years Eve

I’ve decided to start a weekly tradition of sharing a favorite “something” every Friday. These “somethings” may be memories, recipes, books, songs, or any other favorites of mine. In light of the New Year approaching, I thought I’d share my favorite New Years Eve memory.

It was the year 2005 (almost 2006) and Andrew had come to Norwalk to visit me over my “winter break” (because Christmas break was too formal of a title for Wartburg). We had been hanging out a lot during my first semester at college (we already knew each other from working at Riverside Bible Camp). Some of our favorite things to do were watch movies, sword fight with wrapping paper in WalMart, go to coffeehouse at the Vineyard every Friday night, and go for walks around Waverly. The first movie we ever watched was Elf in the RA office one night when Andrew was on duty. We then decided that we had to show one another all sorts of other movies. For me it was The Lord of the Rings trilogy since I had never seen them, and I loaded Andrew with tons of chick flicks. To this day Andrew still watches chick flicks with me, AND enjoys them! But anyways, back to New Years Eve 2005. Andrew came to stay at my house and hang out with me and my silly friends for the New Year. I remember sitting next to him on the loveseat and saying that my hands were cold. Instantly, Andrew put his hand on mine to apparently keep them warm, but really it was an excuse to hold my hand. Later that evening my mom pulled me aside and said she saw us holding hands. I remember blushing and simply smiling at her because deep down I knew that Andrew and I were more than friends, I was just waiting for him to make it official. When I returned to Wartburg from my winter break (technically on January 9, 2006) Andrew asked if we could make it official….and obviously I said yes. That was one very special new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment