Monday, January 3, 2011

Crockpot Thyme Chicken

I've been working on going Gluten Free for a while now. Since December turned out to be majorly unsuccessful, I've decided to change one part of my diet each week so that as each week progresses I become more and more gluten free. My goal right now isn't to become completely gluten free, but to trim out the things in my diet that may be influencing my stomach issues. This week my goal is to put together a gluten free flour mixture and make my own homemade gluten free bread! I'm still looking for some ingredients for my flour mixture, so I will be sure to let you know how it turns out.

On the other hand, I've been talking a lot lately about how I need some quick recipes to help with our evening meals since Andrew and I both work till 6 and by the time we get home we need a quick meal before we put Josiah to bed. Here is a crockpot recipe that we tried once before and it turned out really bland. I decided to change it up a bit for this second round and it turned out really great, so I thought I'd share for you moms who are also "on the go" a lot and need a good crockpot recipe.

Crock Pot Thyme Chicken
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups white wine
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1/2 tablespoon oregano
1/2 tablespoon parsley
a pinch of ginger
(add any other spices you'd like)
1-2 cloves of garlic (or one large clove, minced)
1 lemon
1 1/2 lbs. Chicken
(we used boneless chicken breasts and then cut them in half. If the pieces are too small then they overcook. The recipe calls for 3 lbs. of chicken but we don't need that much for just 2 people)

1. Place everything except the lemon in the Crock Pot.
2. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze half into the crock pot. (You can toss the lemon into the mixture if you wish but we didn't want too much lemon flavor).
3. Mix it all together, make sure to coat the chicken in the liquid.
4. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Serve over mashed potatoes, brown rice, or vegetables.

I honestly can't remember where I got this recipe, but we love it! Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment