Thursday, September 15, 2011

Belated Thursday Thought:Da' Blues

Sorry I haven't really had much to say in awhile. I haven't been in the best of moods lately. I think there are a few reasons for this :

1. I no longer have employees to socialize with which means my days are spent listening to my own thoughts (which aren't always interesting...most often I just talk to myself in my head)

2. I am learning what it's like to be a stay at home mom and lately (rather than intentionally spending some quality time with Bubby and cleaning my house) that has consisted of changing lots of dirty diapers, feeding a cranky baby, and watching a lot of The Office on Hulu. I did manage to make a decent grocery list, mop my floors, and shop for some consignment clothes for Bubby this week, that is quite an improvement!

3. I have been really disconnected from people, even God, and Satan has really been making me feel devalued (is that even a word???), worthless, and alone.

So I decided to pick up my Bible and read....and you know what I read?
1 John 3:1-3
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that the world did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears we will be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure."

I guess I don't need to feel so crummy because you know what, someone DOES love me! My Father! And sometimes I forget that he is my King. And you know what TRUE Kings do? They take care of you. As a mother, do you ever wish someone was there to take care of you? You spend all day changing your child's diapers, cooking for them, feeding them, playing with them, rocking them, cuddling them, and loving them that don't you ever feel just plain neglected? Why can't someone come and take care of me all day? What if I don't want to cook? What if I don't want to change diapers? What if I need to be cuddled or rocked? Sometimes I just forget that my King does all that for me (and no I don't still wear diapers...haha, but I bet if I did Jesus would change them!). I have a lot of fears and worries about my future and especially my role as a mother, but I do not have to fear. This is just my temporary home and I don't need to give into what this world has to offer. I have King Jesus to raise me up! And you know what? He is Beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment