Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Did Something Kinda Crazy

I cut my own hair. EEK! I have always wanted to grow my hair long but I really don't like getting my hair trimmed every couple months, so I decided to take matters into my hands, literally, and just give myself a little trim. My friend Paige has cut her own hair in the past and I thought, if she can do it then so can I! Here's how I did it.

1. Shampoo and Conditioner (I used extra conditioner)

2. Parted my hair like I always do

3. Combed it nice and straight

4. Put up the top layers of my hair

5. Trimmed all around the bottom layer of my hair (using the scissors vertically and checking to make sure it was even)

6. Slowly added more hair and attempted to make layers (I basically just trimmed what was there and tried to make sure it was even)

7. Blow dried my hair

8. Checked for any uneven areas while my hair was dry and trimmed what was

9. Styled!

My Hubby didn't even notice which means I must have done okay. I'll have to take a picture for proof!

1 comment: