Monday, April 19, 2010

Too Much to Do=STRESS

Life has been really crazy lately. There is so much to do and so little time to do it all! Andrew and I are officially moving out of our apartment on May 2nd, which gives us 2 weeks to finish up the inside of the house and pack everything! We've made lots of progress on some things: painting the baby room, living room, and dining room; but we still have lots to do: scraping wallpaper in our bedroom, painting our bedroom and office, and figuring out the kitchen. Our kitchen definitely needs updating but both Andrew and I agreed we would make do with what we have and update the kitchen in the next year. The cabinets aren't that good looking and are lined with mismatched/gross liners. I plan to find some sort of simple replacement to put on the inside of the cabinets/drawers so they aren't so gross looking. After we move in we will sand and repaint on the cabinets white and get new hardware which will make the kitchen look a lot better. Our goals for the summer are to get the outside of the house painted, maybe get a new garage door, maybe put in a small vegetable garden, and maybe get new windows. Not only am I anxious about getting the house done, but we have barely packed or moved anything!! I really need to get on top of that but I just don't have time. I am very busy with work, trying to keep up with pampered chef, and trying to get rest. It seems like all my free time is spent working on the house. I hoped I would be able to put pictures on here of our "house in progress" but I keep forgetting to bring the camera! Hopefully soon I will get some pictures up here!

On another note-I am 12 weeks pregnant and I keep jinxing myself. I go in phases where I feel great and food tastes good, but then once I say that I'm feeling better I get exhausted, sick, and then nothing tastes good. I really only get sick if I have lots of drainage-my gag reflex has been very sensitive lately! My belly is starting to get bigger and I am desperately searching for maternity clothes! I've gone to a few garage sales and left without anything. I had a $50 gift card for Target that I spent on 2 pairs of maternity shorts and a dress for vacation. I wore my shorts for the first time yesterday and LOVE THEM! They are so much more comfortable than my belly band and regular clothes! I have my first real doctor's appointment on Wednesday when we will for sure get to hear the first heartbeat! I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. Check craigslist, freecycle and also when I was pregnant Pennys always had lots of online sales or Old Navy (they are pretty cheap)!

    Good luck on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you gotten a belly band? They are at Target and are about $20 but can save you from having to get maternity too early...also Goodwill has a good selection of maternity usually and definately cheap! Might even be worth checking out the goodwill down in Des Moines (I am sure there is one or two down there!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have a belly band. I don't really like it though, just too uncomfortable and it doesn't stretch as much at the end of the day when the belly gets bigger. I will check out Goodwill-there is one in Ames!

    ReplyDelete