Monday, May 10, 2010

15 Weeks


Well, I am officially 15 weeks! Apparently the baby is growing in that tiny little baby bump of mine! I guess my mom didn't really start to look pregnant until the 5th month so I guess we'll see if I really start to show next month. I was able to find some cheap maternity pants this week from a friend's garage sale. I got about 5 pairs of pants that can work as capris for me since she is quite a bit shorter than me. I also got a cheap swimsuit from Walmart that will work well next week when Andrew and I are in South Carolina on vacation! I also had a friend from church give me some shirts that worked for her when she was pregnant and I think they will be alright towards the end of pregnancy when I am bigger (again, that is if I actually start growing!)

I went to the chiropractor for the first time in over a year today. It was really good to go and the man is super nice and he went to Wartburg where both my husband and I went. He was also my hubby's, cousin's roomate at Wartburg so it's cool to have those little connections. He was shocked at how many pops I had, especially in my hips, and I'm going to start seeing him every 2-3 weeks. He's going to try and help me maintain and hopefully phase out a lot of my digestion and sinus problems. He also works with babies and children! I plan to take my baby there when he or she pops out! I don't know if you know how great chiropractors can be but because your body functions around your spine it's so important to keep everything aligned so your body can heal and function the way it's supposed to!

On Friday Andrew and I head out for vacation! I can't wait! I'm already dreading having to come home after our 10 days of vacation because I know how great it's going to be! Here's our plan:

Friday night: Head to Marion to see some friends and stay then night
Saturday: Drive 13ish hours to Asheville, NC to see our other friends and stay 2 nights with them!
Saturday-Sunday: Hang out with friends in Asheville!
Monday morning: Drive 4-5 hours to the Isle of Palms, South Carolina!!
Monday-Thursday: Chilling on the beach at the Isle of Palms
Friday morning: Drive 4-5ish hours back to Asheville, NC!
Saturday: Hanging out in Asheville (even though I friends won't be there, maybe tour the Biltmore Estate)
Sunday morning: Drive 15ish hours back home to Ames (this day is also my birthday, what a joy that will be sitting in the car that long, while pregnant, on my birthday!)

I hope to do a few blogs with pictures while we are on vacation! So keep your eye out for those blogs!

4 comments:

  1. You will love Asheville! We just up there last week, one my favorite close by spots!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, that is really weird! Remember that place we were telling you about that is really cheap cabins on the mountain stream? It is about 15mins from Asheville and the Biltmore Estates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you like dr. michael! he has been really great for our family; atticus has had some weird immunity issues and chiropractic has really seemed to help with that, not to mention he took care of a lot of my pregnancy aches and pains!

    looking good for 15 weeks! i don't usually start popping until like 25 weeks, so i'm hoping it happens sooner for you - that's the most fun part of pregnancy, really! (or one of them.) you seem to be enjoying pregnancy so far!

    and...CORRECT on the friends quote!! i love friends too...todd got me the whole set for christmas the first year we were married and i'm always saying "it's like on friends where..." (todd has been like, you realize they're not YOUR friends and that THIS is real life, right?)

    you've been bamboozled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that you're goin on vacation. Especially right now when the weather up here sucks.

    I also very much agree with the chiropractor. I see mine regularly and it helps a ton. Otherwise I have lots of back problems and can't do the basic things I need to do.

    ReplyDelete