Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

Let me just say that yesterday was by far one of the worst days ever! This story goes along with the last post of just how "spacey" I really am-especially when driving. But honestly, I don't know if I am able to blame this one on pregnancy!

I was all packed up and ready to go to DSM (about an hour away) and even had my dog in the back seat to drop off at my parents. I had just merged onto the interstate and was behind a really slow construction truck going 40mph. I looked to change lanes and didn't see anyone, but apparently there WAS another car and I totally ran them off the road and into the median. We all pulled over to make sure we were fine and THANK GOD everyone was fine and our cars were good too! The guys were really nice and as I was apologizing a million times they told me that it's alright-at this time my heart rate was up quite a bit and honestly I was freaking out a little bit. Well, we exchanged information and got back in our cars, however, my car was stuck in the MUD! The guys were so nice and tried to push me out but I was completely stuck and digging a deeper hole every time I pushed on the gas-remember we are in the median on the interstate and cars aren't moving over for us (very scary!)! The guys were so nice to take me and my dog to a towing place in town. So my dog and I jumped trucks into the tow truck and went to get my car towed. Well, THEN the tow people had to call the police to come control traffic so they could pull me out of the mud-which then meant I stupidly had to explain why I was stuck in the mud to the police. All in all, I was pulled out and spent $82 bucks and was late getting to DSM. I held it together until after I was back in the car and calling hubby to let him know what happened.

This situation wasn't all...State showed up at the Preschool in the morning and so not only was I running around trying to take care of kids but I was constantly having to stop and answer questions-in hopes that I would actually answer it correctly!

I also had so much to do to get ready for our church fundraiser today that I didn't get to bed until 11PM and it is currently 5:30AM! Let's just say, I hope today starts new and fresh!!! It needs to be good!!!

1 comment: