Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Big Move

The past couple of weeks have been incredibly stressful. We managed to pack up our entire house, move half of it into a storage unit, move the other half into our apartment, and finish cleaning out our house so that we could close on Friday. It's hard to say goodbye to such a nice house and go back to renting, but I have to keep reminding myself that this REALLY is for the best. We are saving around $400 on a house payment and lots more on gas. The next step is to pay off another large sum of my student loans and see where that leaves us financially. All in all, we are making good progress on eliminating our debt! Wahoo!

I took a few days off of work to get settled into our new place and I'm already feeling like we are at home. I thought the transition would be much harder, but I'm actually enjoying rearranging and organizing. Most of our apartment has been updated but there are some parts that are "still in progress" and will be under construction throughout the next year. For instance, we have some crummy hard wood floor in our bedroom and it won't be carpeted until Christmas break so we had to lay a bunch of rugs all over. There is also lots of trim work to do, especially in Josiah's room. He will hopefully be crawling in the next couple of months and the last thing I want is him digging into the pealing paint chips and enjoying a not so good snack.

On that note, Josiah has not transitioned very well. He hasn't been sleeping well and since I've been stressed and fighting an upper respiratory/sinus infection for about 2 weeks now my milk supply has decreased a lot. That makes for a very hungry boy in the middle of the night too. We are all adjusting to these changes and I continue to pray for some relief from all of these sleeping/eating issues with Josiah. Everyone keeps telling me that around 9 months things will really smooth out, so Lord please make these next 2 months go fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment