Friday, June 17, 2011

Major Update

We've been living in our apartment for almost 4 weeks now and I am still not unpacked. I've got living room decor covering our couches and boxes sitting all over the floor, tubs of unpacked items sitting in our entry way, a coffee table with no place to go, and our storage room is a complete mess. I honestly do not know when I will find time to put everything away, which explains why I have been so stressed in trying to make this place actually feel like home. I also have not deep cleaned anything since we moved in! However, in these circumstances you have to just make do. Working a full time job, having a husband who currently works 60 hour weeks and a 7 1/2 month old boy means you just have to do what you can to get by!

On that note of Josiah, he has been sleeping through the night! Wahoo! Well, lets not celebrate too much...we may have had 3 successful nights of him sleeping all night long, but he likes to wake up at 5:30 a.m. again and last night was an awful night! The poor little guy is on his 4th infection this year! This particular infection is on it's 2nd round of antibiotics, which means he's been fighting off this infection for about 3 weeks now. We've tried EVERYTHING! Going to the chiropractor, using breast milk drops, using garlic oil drops, cutting out dairy and nothing works with this child! Our Memorial day wasn't so "Memorial" it was more like "Memori[ILL]al" (if that even makes sense) because we made a trip to the ER. Josiah had pink eye in both eyes, a throat infection, and an ear infection. This poor child!!! Unfortunately if he gets a couple more ear infections, or if he still has this same one when we go back to the doctor in 2 weeks, then he will have to get tubes. In some ways I am all for getting tubes because I know it will really help him (especially from having to take all of these antibiotics!) but I am a little nervous. We will just pray that this is the final infection and God will heal his little ears!

With everything that's been going on lately I've been going through some depression. Now that it's summer Andrew is working around 60 hours a week, which means I spend my evenings home alone with Josiah. It's a struggle to find time to relax after working a full day at day care, coming home and getting Josiah fed, bathed and put to bed plus getting myself dinner. No wonder I don't have time to unpack or clean! It's been hard but we are praying about some sort of job change that would allow me to stay home more with Josiah but still provide for us financially. Now...I know what you may be thinking (how many times has this lady changed jobs???!!!) and I completely agree. My hope isn't to quit where I am at, but instead to go down to part time (along with Josiah being at day care part time) and to clean houses in the afternoons. It pays really good plus I would be able to bring Josiah along with me! I could also have a flexible schedule so I could stay home 2-3 afternoons a week with Josiah. That sounds AWESOME to me! We are going to take some time to pray about this for a few weeks and see what we think God is calling me to do, but it would be so nice to get Josiah out of day care a little more. Maybe that would keep away the ear infections!!

No comments:

Post a Comment