Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh the Sweet Sweet Sounds...


...of Father and Son at play! Josiah has started giggling, and although he doesn't do it often it is still one of the cutest sounds in the world! I have tried to make him laugh and have been rather unsuccessful. That must be daddy's special gift!

Josiah has also started teething (no teeth have popped through yet!) and so everything is going in the mouth and I find drool all over the place! He also continues to suffer from horrible reflux. The Zantac helps with reflux pain but it definitely doesn't help keep everything in. There are days where he will go through 4-5 outfits and I have done more laundry than EVER!

Josiah also LOVES to eat! Show him the bottle and he starts to whine...show him a spoon and he starts to cry! Seriously! I have had some success at making my own baby food, but also some epic failures, sometimes multiple epic failures in one night while Josiah is bawling in his high chair waiting for me to serve him something. I've officially stocked up on some organic jars of baby food for occasions like that. He absolutely loves sweet potatoes, squash, and bananas. Surprisingly, he doesn't really care for apples. He used to love green beans and peas but not so much anymore.

Lastly, Josiah is starting to improve his sleeping habits. He is most definitely a tummy sleeper and still needs his paci when he goes down to sleep. Napping at daycare still isn't very good, but when he's home I can usually get him take 3-4 naps. He is only eating once per night and has been sleeping 10-11 hours a night. We were having an issue where he would wake up at 5:45 a.m. on the dot every morning and that was NOT happening for me! My alarm goes off at 6 a.m. and I am not a happy camper if I have to wake up before my alarm. After a few days of crying it out he eventually learned that 6:30 or 7 a.m. is a much more appropriate time to get up in the Potratz household!

1 comment: