Sunday, August 14, 2011

26 Hours

I just spent a good 26 hours of my weekend away from my little Bubby. He stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's while Andrew and I headed out to a hotel for the night. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Des Moines by Jordan Creek. It's the same hotel we stayed at for our honeymoon. It was a super nice hotel with a jacuzzi tub, queen size bed, and 3 TV's in our room (we only had 2 going at the same time). I was a little disappointed with the fact that after we checked into our room we went upstairs to find them cleaning our room, so it was to the lobby for another 15 minutes to wait till they were actually ready for us. Other than that, it was a nice place.

Andrew and I started our weekend by eating at the Jordan Creek food court. I had the amazingly delicious, best Chinese food I've ever had, Famous Wok. I absolutely LOVE their orange chicken! Then we shopped for a bit, spent some money we didn't need to, and then headed to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. We've seen it once already but Andrew and I are big movie people and we are the type to see movies multiple times and then buy them when they come out and then only watch them on occasion. We have so many movies that it literally takes me a half hour to decide on a movie to watch because when I think I've picked a movie I play the entire thing in my head and then think to myself that I don't really need to watch it if I can watch the entire movie in my head in a matter of minutes.

So...anyways, back to our weekend....

After the movie we headed to On The Boarder for some Mexican food. I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! Well, mostly I like fajitas, and chips and salsa, and sour cream, and big margaritas. So I had quite a bit of all of that. The margarita definitely got to my head and I started laughing hysterically at everything. I remember looking out the window and commenting numerous times on how nice some old lady's hair was and then laughing really hard. I also freaked myself out when I saw my reflection in the window on the back of some guy's head. It's probably one of those moments when you had to be there.

Even though the hotel was nice and I was super relaxed after sitting in the jacuzzi for an hour, I still didn't fall asleep until after midnight. One of the rather unfortunate parts of being a nursing mother is that a breast pump just never completely empties you and then you end up getting really full and clogged up. I was so uncomfortable at midnight that I had to get up and pump and even that didn't get all the milk out. Then I decided to use some warm wash clothes as compresses to relieve the pain and that didn't help either. It doesn't help that Josiah really isn't interested in nursing anymore. I feel more like a sippy cup for him to snack on even though I only nurse him every 3-4 hours. I think it may be time to stop nursing, switch to formula for the next couple months and just do a bottle/sippy cup. My goal was to nurse till he was a year old but I can't keep feeling all clogged up, heck I don't want to end up getting mastitis! It will be a really hard transition for me, but at the same time I really need some relief from all of the clogged ducts and frustration whenever I nurse him.

Over all it was a really good weekend, one of the best times away I've had so far. I was really in need of a break after Josiah being sick for 3 days. And now that I'm home I'm grumpy and back to being frustrated. I don't really know why I'm frustrated, maybe just upset that such a nice break had to end so soon. Tonight is also the first night that I am pushing Josiah through the night without a nursing session. It's really the only time that he ever nurses well and I will miss it, even though I desperately need to some better sleep at night and so does he!

No comments:

Post a Comment