Monday, October 17, 2011

Bare Butt Alert

Bubby has diaper rash...horribly! It's not bad enough yet to take him into the doctor for some prescription ointment, but we are pretty darn close.

Yesterday morning Bubby woke up and was super cranky. He had SEVEN BM's throughout the day and by 4 p.m. his lil' behind was really swollen and sore. I am blaming teething for this one (those darn teeth take their time to pop don't they?). Today he was super cranky again and his poor bottom was even worse. I called the doctor to see if I needed to bring him in. The doctor recommended I do a bland diet, get some Resinol Cream, give him a couple baths a day and let him go without a diaper for a bit. So...look out people there's a bare butt in the house! I was brave and let Bubby go about his room for a bit without a diaper. I have no idea if he peed anywhere. I am also letting him go to bed without a diaper (I'm so brave!). I plan to get him up and put a diaper on him when I go to bed in a few hours because he's woken up with a huge poopy diaper the past few mornings and I'm NOT going to be cleaning up poop all over his crib (or him for that matter).

I lost count of how many BM's he had today, but it was probably the same or more than yesterday. I am seriously praying that this goes away and that he stops being so cranky! I am also hoping for some regular BM's? Not anymore of these little squirts that make for a screaming child because his bum hurts.

2 comments:

  1. Something that has worked for us in the past was athletes foot cream. Eden can get some really diaper rash going and it is the only thing that helps and it works super fast as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some athletes foot cream that we do use and it helps when it looks like diaper rash is coming on but it hasn't done anything for this rash. Thanks for the suggestion though!

    ReplyDelete