Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crazy Week

I'm not sure what's going on with Bubby, but if you remember from my previous post we've been battling diaper rash. However, that's not the only thing we've been dealing with, since Sunday Bubby's been having occasional diarrhea, constipation, and about 6-8 BM's a day (the obvious cause for his diaper rash!). I've tried getting him to the chiropractor but they are completely booked so I have to wait till tomorrow, and I've called the doctor's office several times with very little help from them. So, I've taken matter into my own hands, what else can a mommy do for her little one who's suffering?

Here's what we've been doing:
1. Eating lots of blueberries-apparently good for curing diarrhea

2. BRAT diet

3. Stopping all dairy-including switching to a non-dairy formula

4. Squeegee Bottle of water and cotton balls to wipe his bottom

5. Resinol mixed with Clotrimazole for his bottom

6. 2 Baths per day plus some diaper free time to air out his bottom

7. Pedialite and lots of water

8. Changing A LOT of diapers, even in the middle of the night when he wakes up and has a BM

9. Gripe Water

I know I've mentioned using Colic Calm before but we were out and couldn't find any in the store so we are using Gripe Water instead to calm his tummy. I haven't decided if it's really working or not because we've made so many changes in his diet and not much has happened yet. The doctor says it's just a virus and that I don't need to worry unless he has diarrhea for 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS! Seriously...isn't that a little long for a baby to be having diarrhea? If I have diarrhea for a few days I get concerned. Sometimes I think doctors are just nuts. Thankfully his diaper rash is starting to clean up and his BM's are looking a little more normal so I'm slowly coming off of the BRAT diet and giving him his regular formula again. We will see if things continue to get better! I hope they do!

1 comment: