Tuesday, November 22, 2011

American Food Names

I had the strangest conversation with Hubby last night, I should mention he was the one who brought it up, about all the weird names that America has for food. Here are some of our complaints:

1. Chicken Fingers-chicken's don't even have fingers!

2. Tater Tots-since when did potatoes start having babies? And WHY are we eating them?

3. French Fries-it makes no difference if we call them Freedom Fries, it's still a weird name. I thought we should just call them fried potatoes, but then we decided to go along with "chicken fingers" we should call them Tater-Toes and really emphasize the "Toes" because if chickens can have fingers then potatoes can have toes!

4. Buffalo Wings-Hubby complained about this one because buffalo wings are made of chicken, not buffalo. But I corrected Hubby and told him that Buffalo refers to the sauce, not the meat. So I won that argument.

5. Fish Sticks-Fish don't look like sticks to me, and to be honest I don't recall ever eating a stick...ever. Might I add that I don't even like fish and I wouldn't eat it even if looked like a stick.

2 comments:

  1. I like Tater Toes maybe we could give fish wings. Sounds better than sticks!

    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice posting for American food. yummy food
    Luxury Hotels

    ReplyDelete