Friday, January 27, 2012

A Week Without Daddy

Daddy is out of town this week. It's been a very long week and I am overwhelmed. Hubby took off to go to a worship leaders conference in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Lucky him! He's on the beach looking at the beautiful ocean. I'm very happy for him, but at the same time so totally jealous that he gets to go away for a week and get away from reality.

Since I only worked 2 days this week Bubby and I moved in with my parents, quite literally. The dog even came along! The only problem is that the house isn't childproof and it has stairs, Bubby's favorite!! I am very tired from chasing him around, flicking his little hands when he puts them in things he's not supposed to, saying "no" and "danger!," and having to hold him up so he can turn all of the light switches on and off. He doesn't seem too happy about it all either, because he's at the Explorer stage when he wants to touch and throw and get into everything! He's also in this new Tantrum stage where he throws himself on the floor and screams when he doesn't get his way. I try to walk away, keep calm, and ignore his fits, but it is a challenge. I've found myself getting frustrated, angry and sometimes shouting when he throws his tantrums. Not cool mommy. Not cool.

I also forgot Bubby's music box that we usually attach to his crib to help him sleep. It's a complete life saver in helping Bubby fall asleep, especially if he wakes up in the middle of the night (kinda like his binky). Since we forgot it I've had to rock him to sleep every night and he's been waking up at 5 a.m. wanting to get up. It's hard to leave him crying when I have family in the house, and they have lives during the day which means they need their sleep, so I've had to get up with him and try to rock him back to sleep or cuddle with him in my bed. Cuddling in bed with me doesn't work like it used to though because now he likes to crawl all over, jump on me, and get drinks out of my water bottle. I guess you can see why I'm looking forward to going home! It will be nice to be back to our normal routine, back into our own beds, and also have Daddy back in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment