Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sleep

I'm rather shocked lately with how well Bubby has been sleeping. Do you recall the days when I posted about all of the problems I was having with Bubby and trying to get him to sleep??? Well here I am feeling guilty that I have nothing to do because he's sleeping all the time!

Sleeping through that night has been quite a blessing lately. Bubby lays down for bed around 7 and puts himself to sleep VERY well and sleeps around 11-12 hours a night. He still uses his binky, stuffed puppy, and a little music box attached to his crib, but HEY if he's sleeping well I DO NOT want to try and change things, at least not yet. We did set up his toddler bed, which by the way he did sleep one full night in (and didn't fall out! I have pictures to come of all of the pillows and comforters I lined around his bed). But after that one night I could never get him to lay still in his bed. All he wanted to do was jump around. So, back into the crib he went and he's likely to stay there until he's at least 18 months. I have hopes of breaking the binky before we move him to his toddler bed, but I'm not guaranteeing anything!

Naptime on the other hand is another story. Not that he's sleeping poorly, but that he's sleeping a lot! I thought by now at 15 1/2 months he would be down to one nap per day. But nope, he's still taking a 2 hour morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap. Sometimes they are shorter, but usually his morning nap is just as long or longer than his afternoon one. It's really odd. I don't know if I should try to push him to just 1 nap or just let him keep doing this double nap deal. As long as he naps, it's fine with me! Another nice thing about nap time lately is that even if Bubby doesn't fall asleep right away, he's been really quiet in his crib. He just rolls around, babbles on to his puppy, or listens to his music. It's awesome! I will admit there are some days where he throws everything out and then screams for me to come get them. And there are days where he rolls around in his crib for an hour and half and doesn't fall asleep. But the majority of the time, he is a GREAT sleeper! I feel so blessed!

The funny thing is that during his nap times I find myself running out of things to do! I will get everything done on my list and then...I actually have time to relax, or read, or watch a movie or catch up on a show. It's NICE! Although, I was hoping to start doing some morning activities with Bubby, like going to story time at the Library, music class at church and possibly start going to MOPS again. We will just have to see how long this great sleeping streak keeps up!

2 comments:

  1. Eden did two naps a day until she was 16 months and Cooper dropped his morning nap at 12 months (although I will argue with him that he still does - he is a grouch come 10am). I say, if they are sleeping, sleeping well, and it fits in your family well, keep it up until they decide to change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tegel Outlet
    Great post Thanks for sharing this post

    ReplyDelete