Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I Now Do With Leftover Chicken and Turkey

I am not a left over person. It's taken me a long time to actually reheat and warm up anything in the refrigerator. But since we are trying to save money I have been much better at being creative and making left overs into meals.

Whenever I make chicken or turkey for a meal and I have some left over I now have an AWESOME way to re-use it and make it last another meal (even one that Bubby likes which is hard to do sometimes). I've been making Chicken Salad or Turkey Salad Sandwiches! Honestly, this is worth celebrating because when I was growing up I wouldn't even touch the stuff and now here I am making it, eating it, and serving it to my growing child!

Here's what I do:

1. Take the left over turkey or chicken and chop up really fine (I use my Pampered Chef food chopper and it works awesome). Toss it in a bowl and set aside.

2. Chop up and any veggies you want in there! I usually chop up carrots, onion and celery. Chop it really fine and mix in with chopped meat.

3. Mix in some Mayo, just enough to moisten it and give it a little flavor, and then add in about 1 tsp of mustard (Dijon is best).

4. Sprinkle in some Tarragon, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.

5. Mix and serve on bread!

LOVE IT! It's super easy and super fast without using lots of dishes either. Plus you get your meat, veggies, and bread all in one serving. You could probably mix some fruit in there too, my Hubby likes chopped up grapes in his.

Enjoy!

1 comment: